Guess who's coming to ... write.

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Peacekeeper

Guess who's coming to ... write.

Post by Peacekeeper »

Hats off to ConstantContent for providing a site for anyone and everyone to post their creations. I am exited by the opportunities to share in this community of creators. My name is Kim Popejoy and I live in the heart of the GatorNation. Today, the weather is warm and muggy [as usual] and the economy is cold and forbidding. I have spent 30 years traveling the world, creating entrepreneural enterprises, building a family and serving my communities. My zest for learning is my most treasured characteristic and look forward to putting my experiences and insights to pen and paper [ok, keyboard and screen] and sharing them with as wide an audience as possible. And, if it brings in a little cash - so much the better.

I also look forward to learning from the editors of this site and its 2500+ contributors. Quality writing is what I expect to find on this site and its what I hope to contribute.

Thank you for welcoming me to ConstantContent.

Peace.
Nessiee

Re: Guess who's coming to ... write.

Post by Nessiee »

Welcome! It's always good to see new people joining the community :) And sorry for being perhaps a little slow here, but where is GatorNation?
Peacekeeper

Post by Peacekeeper »

What?!!! You don't know the GatorNation? I am heartsick for you. I want to reach out and hold you close until you are healed. Ok, maybe I went a little overboard and am drowning in my own smugness. The Univ of Florida is located in Gainesville, Florida. The sports teams are known as the Gators. In this town, one can not stand in the middle of the road on this topic. You either hate them or, you love them. Either one is acceptable. Ignore them [standing in the middle of the road] and you're going to get run over. Some of the orange and blue plastered [in more ways than one] idots will actually steer for those standing in the middle of the road. I personally enjoy most types of organized competitions, including most sports. However, the obscene amounts of monies paid to many of these participants leaves me wishing we could set up an "Artists SuperBowl", get ESPN to stick hundreds of microphones and cameras in our faces, get FOX news to lie about us and have the President invite us to the Whitehouse lawn for "fawning" ceremony. Go Gators.

Peace.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

When you said Gator, I did get the image of Florida in my mind, so I suppose I was on the right track ;) But thanks for the clarification... now I've managed to chip away a tiny fraction of that rock I just happen to live under :) Either way, good to have you around!
jak

Post by jak »

Welcome Pk. You should write an article about all that.
Peacekeeper

Post by Peacekeeper »

Thanks for the welcoming. I'll hold off on writing an article about "all that" until I figure out this 1st person POV stuff. It's easy to write what I think and feel. It is more challenging to write to the market that Ed has described. I like a challenge and like to learn and like to succeed and like to run onnnnnnnnn...

peacekp.