Another Newbie Here!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

scoobhist

Another Newbie Here!

Post by scoobhist »

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Yes, I'm another newbie joining the crowd. I've just had my first two articles published and hope to have a couple more done in a few days. I'm pretty new to this freelancing business so I'll probably drive everyone nuts with questions.
DSWaltenburg

Re: Another Newbie Here!

Post by DSWaltenburg »

The best places to get the answers for your questions are:
1. The Author FAQ and Guidelines for Submissions
2. The CC Blog
3. The forum thread: Questions and Answers-New Writers-Must Read Resources! (it's the 1st post in the Q&A thread)
4. IF you've got a gazillion hours, you can also read the forums, but for the most part, you'll find what you need in the first 3 places. :)

If you've got problems with site-specific technical issues, you put those in the Site Renovations thread-Please Post Your Tech. Problems Here post.
If you've got questions about writing or CC in general, and you didn't find answers in the other places, post your question in the Questions and Answers thread.....
If you've got questions about rejections, post your question (include the specific article's title/subject) in the Questions about Rejections thread. Ed checks this thread regularly and can tell you why your art. was rejected, if you did not receive a rejection notice in your email.

Some people have issues with not receiving CC emails, depending on their email account....(Yahoo, etc.), so if you aren't getting things like acceptance notices, but things are getting accepted, then you TOO probably are having the same troubles. It's a site glitch that they are working on, during the course of remodel.

Hope you like it here. I've only been here since July, and it's one of my favorite places to be. Best wishes for the success of your writing.

Deborah
cgardener

Re: Another Newbie Here!

Post by cgardener »

Welcome to Constant Content! When you say you had articles published, do you mean approved or sold? It's seriously exciting when you sell your first one. I sold mine the first day it was approved, which blew me away. Then I didn't sell any for almost a month, but now I'm back on track.

You cannot drive anyone crazier than I have with questions. Questions at first are normal. It seems like every day something comes up that I don't understand or need clarified.