Hello!

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Rhonlynn

Hello!

Post by Rhonlynn »

Hello, I am brand new here. I'm Rhonda.I live in Missouri. I am a nurse, who chart audits seasonally from my home.
I have always enjoyed writng, but never realized the outlet availabe on the internet. During the two months I am off,
I usually try different aveneus. Last year I mystery shopped. This year I decided to do something more meaningful.
I have signed up with constantcontent, and have just submitted my first article. (I don't know how to get intouch with the person who is looking for the article, I suppose
they will find it, by a key word search.) I am 46 years old, and I have 17 year old son. my hobbies are playing World of Warcraft, avidly.
(Which began my idea to freelance write). I am involved in the embroidery guild as well.

--Rhonda
Celeste Stewart

Re: Hello!

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Welcome!
Once the article is approved, go to Requested Content and find the original request. Click the Q/A link. This will take you to a place where you can send the customer a short note along with the link (use "attach article" or "look up article" I don't recall the exact wording) to your article.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Welcome Rhonlynn...

I lived in Knob Noster, MO for quite a few years, and even went to college for the first time in Marshall. I miss the mid-west now that I'm living on the east coast in between Baltimore and DC. I miss large open spaces, counting funnel clouds in a thunderstorm, and affordable everything.

There I go... Daydreaming about cheaper, younger times.

Keep writing, and it'll come.
Rhonlynn

Post by Rhonlynn »

How long does it take to get an article reviews?
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Depends on how many were submitted. It could take a few days, but usually it doesn't. The editor/reviewer Ed is having computer troubles right now, but he is working as fast as he can.
Rhonlynn

Post by Rhonlynn »

Well, mine was rejected, which I don't really care, cause it doesnt' bother me, only my bank account. I may need to do some other things, inorder to go christmas shopping this year.I will correct it and resubmit it eventually. I need to be paid somehow, for the next 2 months.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Stick to what you know. That's the best place to start. Also, avoid using I and we. My first few articles were rejected for those reasons. I also tend to use semicolons in the wrong places.

It takes me a lot of concentration not to make my computer articles personal accounts of what I had to do in order to fix certain problems. I have eight working computers in the house, and connected to the internet. My two children still at home give me plenty of causes that I can use in articles.

Keep writing, that's the most important thing. I have several journals around the house. In them I usually write three or four articles a day before typing any of them out. That gives me an "editors" look at the articles as I put them on my computer. Actually, I love my pen and paper too much to give them up.

You may also want to go through the recently sold articles to see what is selling well. Go through the requested content too. This will give you some idea of what customers are buying so you can sell a few of those, while working on other things.