Hello! From Louisa Virginia

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

suzalicie

Hello! From Louisa Virginia

Post by suzalicie »

Hi all. I am new to Constant Content and have just submitted my first article for review. The lack of first person point of view is going to be a challenge for me because most of my writing is personal and friendly. But I will adjust. I am looking forard to getting to know people here and to getting my articles "out there".
Celeste Stewart

Re: Hello! From Louisa Virginia

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
Welcome! I'm sure you'll find a personal and friendly 2nd or 3rd person point of view voice too :)
suzalicie

Post by suzalicie »

Thank you, I am sure I will manage, now if only my first submission would get a response. The waiting is the hardest part! I get so excited over a new venture and tend to expect instant gratification even though I know it doesn't work that way.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

In the meantime, explore the site, the blog, the forums, guidelines, etc... Read some of the articles available for sale. Keep an eye on the Recently Sold list and public requests. And keep writing and submitting while you wait. Try not to get discouraged if the first few articles come back - it's not uncommon and so many of us overlook simple guidelines like font size or paragraph spacing. Good luck!
suzalicie

Post by suzalicie »

wooo hooo article accepted first time!!!!
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Congratulations! Keep writing quality articles to build up a good portfolio - you just never know when something is likely to sell. I've had a couple of articles sell just hours after approval (so it can happen!), and I have had articles sell weeks and even months after sitting on the site. Often customers do not make requests, they just browse for articles that have already been written and are waiting for them, so writing different articles on a number of topics that you know about will help you to sell more articles in the long run.

Good luck, and welcome to CC!

Kind regards,

Hayley
suzalicie

Post by suzalicie »

Thanks so much! both of you, there is a lot to learn here, and I really hope to be successful.
PhilipYana

Post by PhilipYana »

Hi there, and welcome to CC.

I'm a newbie myself so I can't offer any words of wisdom, but I can join in the welcome.

Is Louisa a place in VA, or your name?
suzalicie

Post by suzalicie »

I'm Suzanne and I live in Louisa which is a spot on the map in Virginia, more like a speck than a spot.