Bailey M is a newbie

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Bailey M

Bailey M is a newbie

Post by Bailey M »

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa. I'm a little forum-challenged at the moment but adjusting quickly.

I'm overwhelmed by this site...WOW. I can't believe the number of articles some of the more experienced writers have submitted and received payment for! That's just incredible!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I hope to write a few articles along the way.

PS...This is the first time I've submitted, been rejected, but somehow didn't succumb to hiding from my keyboard for a week. Ed must have infinite patience...

Wait a sec...what am I saying...editors and patience in the same sentence??? No Way, LOL :lol:
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Welcome Melissa.

Don't worry about rejections, I think we've all been rejected at one time or another. Links are a big no-no here, as is just submitting based on the spelling check or grammar check your writing program has. As long as you correct for the reason the article was rejected, AND rechecked the writing guidelines to make sure nothing else is amiss, you will be fine.

Good luck with your articles, and enjoy allt he love and warmth C-C has to offer all of its authors!
Bailey M

Thanks!

Post by Bailey M »

It actually excited me to receive anything - even a rejection! I think this is an excellent way to learn. Unfortunately, I think we work Ed to death - so many writers...I really hope Ed is four of five people!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. You're right - I was rejected by not carefully reading the guidelines...but, I'm learning. :D