questions about rejected article

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Beelissa

questions about rejected article

Post by Beelissa »

My article, Can You Really Make Money Taking Online Surveys?, has been rejected 3 times. I made changes based on the first email, and I also thought I'd addressed the comments made in the 2nd email, but the 3rd one said I'd failed to proofread it for the problems mentioned in the 2nd email. I certainly did proofread it, but I am not clear on what was wrong. I did make some changes -- the problem seemed to be in the paragraph where I talk about whether online surveys are scams or not. My answer is that there are probably some scams but also definitely legitimate businesses that do this. I re-wrote that part but it's still rejected and I an now not clear why. I hesitate to come out and say there are definitely scams out there because I, personally, have not encountered any. Instead, I have given tips to watch out for.

I would like to know what I have done wrong, though the request for this article has been removed so these rejections have prevented me from ever finding out if this article would have been purchased by the requester.
Ed

Post by Ed »

The problem was not with the information provided, but with grammar. I'm sorry if my examples did not communicate clearly what the problem was through the rejection notice.

Your article had problems with singular/plural agreement. A company may be a scam, or offer a program that is a scam. Paid survey programS may be scamS. Or they may be good opportunIES.

In addition, your line stating something like, "Like much of the online world, you must protect your identity," doesn't make sense. It should read something like, "As IN much of the online world, you must protect your identity." The first sentence implies that the online world is protecting its idenity - an illogical statement. The second statement makes it clear that this is not what you were trying to say and presents a logical situation.

Please reread the rest of your article for issues with grammar and accuracy of expression (the rest of the article seemed okay, but it's best to look it over again to make sure), and keep these two important elements of writing in mind for future submissions.

Thanks a lot,
Ed
Beelissa

Post by Beelissa »

Thanks for the clarification. I just looked back at all 3 emails. The first one mentions run-on sentences, of which I found one that was definitely a runon and another that was rather long, both of which I fixed. I did not understand the other comments to pertain to grammar, so I'm glad you clarified that. When you say "accuracy of expression" is this grammar/agreement issue what you are referring to, or is there something else?

Thanks for your help.

Melissa
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please see this document:

http://constant-content.com/blog/?p=30

Thanks.

Ed