Sadface smiley

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

OllieHicks

Sadface smiley

Post by OllieHicks »

Just had my first rejection (for my first submission!) 1st question: is it better to work and re-work it then re-submit before submitting anything else? Or is it usually ok to work on and submit other articles first? (I think this would work better for me so I could come to it fresh later, if it's allowed). I don't recall anything from reading the guidelines.

Plus, redundancy: does this apply more to words or to concepts, or to both? And if we're talking adjectives/adverbs, does it mean consecutive words or ones sprinkled throughout an article?

Maybe I over-complicate things...
Ed

Re: Sadface smiley

Post by Ed »

I would give it some time and then come back to your current article later. At least, this is always what has worked best for me.

As far as redundancy . . . it seemed as though your article had a lot of unnecessary words that all said the same thing - "pretty much," "really," etc. Try omitting these types of words and phrases and take a look at what a difference it will make. I understand you are trying to go for a conversational tone, but removal of these phrases will make the writing more streamlined.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Ed
OllieHicks

Re: Sadface smiley

Post by OllieHicks »

Cheers Ed.