Microsoft Office 2007

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jegi

Microsoft Office 2007

Post by Jegi »

Hi

I have recently updated to microsoft office 2007 and sent an article in to CC yesterday. The article was rejected due to the docx file format. I looked at the article submission guidelines but couldn't find any info in there, so I scanned the rejection section. I discovered that someone else had experienced the same problem and Celeste had told them to re-save the file as word 97 - 2003 instead of using the automatic "save" button. I am now going to try this and re-submit the article - fingers crossed! I am very grateful to Celeste for this info, as I wasn't sure what I was going to do about the situation - thank you very much, Celeste! I am also studying journalism at the moment and, as I sometimes need to submit assignment work via email, this info may well help to prevent my problems from spreading there too.

Thank you very much

Jane
Celeste Stewart

Re: Microsoft Office 2007

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You're welcome. Thank you for checking the forums for an answer. I saw the topic title and thought to myself, "Here we go again. Time to explain the DOCX thing one more time." It was nice seeing that wasn't the case!
Elizabeth Ann West

Re: Microsoft Office 2007

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Heads up to anyone using Open Office. New release has DOCX support, so be careful too. :)