Question about my rejection.

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Samar

Question about my rejection.

Post by Samar »

I'm new to constant content and my first submission was rejected because it included links. I realize that it was remiss of me to not remove them. Can I submit the article again with the links removed?

Also, can I submit articles that have been written by me and has already been published in a blog or website and only quote the usage price?
DSWaltenburg

Re: Question about my rejection.

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Yes you can resubmit with all the links removed. For future reference, you can mention websites, just do msnbc.com or wallstreetjournal.com, and don't make them hyperlinkies.

Yes you can submit things that are published elsewhere, however, I think you need to be able to prove that the other postings are indeed yours. I'm sure Ed or someone more experienced can confirm or deny that assumption :) And yes, you can only choose Usage rights for those previously published pieces.

Best wishes!

Deborah
Samar

Post by Samar »

Thank you Deborah, that was very helpful. I'll resubmit my article without the links. I do believe I can prove the articles are mine though I'm not sure how that's done. They're on my online portfolio and published under my name on other websites.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Ed can let you know for sure, or anyone else who may know off hand, how the verification process works. It would seem that if they're posted under the same name here and there, however, that it should be sufficient proof! Glad to be of help.
Ed

Post by Ed »

If you're publishing under the same name, it shouldn't be a problem.