Rejection on store description article

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

pamelasingletary

Rejection on store description article

Post by pamelasingletary »

I was invited to complete a private request for description on a store.
I did not have any details on the product but wanted me to elaborate on the products of jewerly. This is my first request and submission so maybe I am missing something. The rejection read as :

We do not accept with grammar errors, akward wording, or clarity issues.

The word count was 150. I edited a couple times for grammar, and I'm sure this was not the issue. Please explain what the akward wording/ clarity issues would mean in relating to the rejection. I used the information that was given to me to try and sell the product. It was not much information at all. The approach I took was to sell the idea of what fine jewelry means to be adorned. I used words like glistening and adornment to describe the elegance of buying the finest jewelry. I entitled it the Gift of giving fine jewerly.

Please help me to understand what I could have done wrong for future reference.
Ed

Re: Rejection on store description article

Post by Ed »

Your article did not meet our standards. If you are having problems, please have someone else look over this article. One an article is rejected, editors no longer have access to them.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Actually, this was not a private request, but a public request that went out to the entire CC community. Our protocol for answering public requests is as follows:

Writers unfamiliar with how Constant Content works often waste time by “answering” public requests without actually having any content to offer. When a customer places a public request, he or she expects to be presented with content to choose from. There are plenty of authors who can write for their request - customers already know this. Answering a request by saying, “I can write these articles for you,” is pretty useless, and rarely garners a future sale.

If you are truly interested in catching the attention of a customer or getting a sale through a public request, write a relevant article and link to it through the customer’s Q/A. In the meantime, build up your article portfolio by writing on spec, so that the customer, if he or she is interested, can check out the other work you have for sale.

One reason customers like Constant Content is that they can get their articles immediately. They don’t have to wait with bated breath to see if their chosen author will write content that meets their needs within their deadline - like they may have to through other content sales sites. By providing content, you’ve proven that you can work swiftly to meet a customer’s needs. Even if they don’t pick up your article, they may consider your work for their next project, knowing that you can produce.

http://constant-content.com/blog/?p=74
pamelasingletary

Post by pamelasingletary »

Thank you. That second response was more helpful to me. I was thinking the same thing. Excuse me for getting the private and public request confused. It was in my in box so I would not known until now. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will be more selective of what I respond to in the future.
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

Hi Pamela,
Everyone who has signed up for it gets notification of public requests. It's just to let us know they are available if you want to write an article to submit for it.

This site is different, and better. No bidding, no begging, just write good content and bring it to the customer's attention, and hope it meets their needs. You won't sell everything you write for public requests. I still have a few hanging around that weren't picked up, but you have to understand that so many people are writing for those requests, and they may only one one or two articles. If they are presented with 100 quality articles for a 1 article request, imagine how hard it is for them to decide. I imagine most customers just read until they find one that meets their needs, and the rest don't even get read. But somewhere down the line, someone will come along looking, and you will have an article ready to submit to them.

It's a great system, really. Please feel free to contact me through my profile if you need any help.

http://www.constant-content.com/Author/ ... ails-0.htm

Deborah