Rejection of Article on Automobile Accidents

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mscott72

Rejection of Article on Automobile Accidents

Post by mscott72 »

I am new to the website Constant Content and recently submitted my first article-"Nine Steps to Avoiding Automobile Accident Aggravations." I thought it was a good article and followed submission guidelines until it was rejected. It was suggested that I revise for clarity and/or sentence structure. Is it possible that you further clarify where I went wrong as far as clarity and/or sentence structure. Was the sentence structure and clarity problem minor or was it throughout the whole article that you found the problem? May I submit the article again after making the necessary changes? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
BarryDavidson

Re: Rejection of Article on Automobile Accidents

Post by BarryDavidson »

Once an article is rejected, it's purged from their system. They wouldn't be able to give you any specifics.

How did you describe the nine steps? Was it straight forward things like, "First, don't panic. More people have died from ....." You get the point. Although, if you or I did state something like that, many publishers would want to know where we got that information.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please read over your article again or have someone else read it over it for you. You may resubmit once changes have been made. If you are having trouble, please utilize our "constructive criticism" thread.

I have reviewed over a dozen articles for this submission and most of them have been rejected on the basis of clarity. An article about such crucial information should leave nothing to the reader's imagination, and the information should be easily followed without ambiguities.

In such a case, is best to go over your article line by line and ask yourself, "Is this clear?" "Have rules for sentence structure been followed here?"

Thanks,
Ed
LDiring

Post by LDiring »

I hope someone can help me. I have written the article "What to Do if You are in a Motor Vehicle Accident." I had re-submitted this article about 4 days ago. The first time I wrote the article, it was rejected, so I sent a reply to the editor and he helped me to understand where it needed to be improved. So, I re-wrote the article and re-submitted. How long does it usually take to have the article reviewed a second time? Since this is my first article written for CC, I am not sure what the normal turn around time for the article should be. I hope that this time it meets CCs standards. By the way, is there some way to 'speak' to an editor about an article that I found that was 'accepted' that is or could be take as offensive, and if not offensive, then at the least 'unprofessional?' I do not wish to air that author's dirty laundry here on the forum, nor do i wish to let anyone know which article it is here or which editor 'approved' that article. Thank you in advance for a prompt answer. LDiring
Ed

Post by Ed »

I will get to it today.
LDiring

Post by LDiring »

Thank you Ed. I really appreciate the quick reply! Is there a way to get in touch with an editor to speak about the article by another author? Thanks, Lori
Ed

Post by Ed »

Because it is Constant Content's responsibility to review articles before they are accepted, authors should focus on making sure their own work is up to CC's standards.

Thank you,
Ed
LDiring

Post by LDiring »

Ed,
Just a note to let you know that I have, yet again, edited my article in hopes that my writing it was not a complete waste of my time, since this has seemed to be the case. Thanks in advance for taking another look, I am trying to get this right, but it seems I write differently. Thanks again, for your time.

LDiring