alicat

Hello ...Some questions ;)

Post by alicat »

I received this email.

You have received a new message at Constant Content

Subject: Your Article Has Been Rejected

We could not accept your content, "Have your child toilet trained by age 2"

==== Rejection Information for Your Article: ====

Please submit in doc, rtf, or txt file type.
Submission does not follow our guidelines.

==== End Rejection Information for Your Article ====

I do not know if they didn't accept my content about toilet training or I submitted the article using the wrong format.

I am using Microsoft office word 2007
Ed

Re: Hello ...Some questions ;)

Post by Ed »

Both. Your article is not submitted in a file type we accept. We do not accept docx file type. You must "save as" one of the acceptable file types and submit in that file type.

Your submission did not comply with our guidelines. Please read our guidelines carefully. We can't accept articles with titles that are not properly capitalized, which is described in our guidelines.

Thanks,
Ed
alicat

Post by alicat »

Oh...ok

I guess at the moment I am too busy with a toddler to be so correct so late at night :)

I may come back another time

Thanks
alicat
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Ali-cat,

Check out Celeste's comments to Mal in this forum - a few below your question. She has described how to change the docx formating to doc in the Word 2007. This should help! Wishing you all the best here at CC.

Good luck,

Hayley
alicat

Post by alicat »

Hello anybody ...

Do I leave a space under my heading?

My word will automatically put a space

When I press enter it has a space and when I press delete I end up with the first sentence joining my heading ...* scratches head *
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Ali-cat,

I press enter for a return and therefore a line space between my headings, by line, and every paragragh.

Hope this helps.

Hayley
alicat

Post by alicat »

ok thanx
:)

That is what I did but I didn't do my heading in capitals
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

In Word 2007, you can change the way the spacing works by clicking the Home tab and finding the Paragraph area. Now, click the little semi-transparent box in the left corner of the Paragraph section to launch the Paragraph dialog box. Set the spacing to single and make sure that both "before" and "after" options say "0 pt." Click OK if you want the changes to affect the current document only. If you like the changes and want all future documents to have this spacing style, go back and click the Default button and then answer yes when prompted to update the normal template.

You can also choose to use Word 2003 styles in the Style section of the Home tab. I believe, Word 2003 has the single spacing with no extra point widths between paragraphs, but don't quote me on that. Click Change Style > Style Set> Word 2003. If you like the results, you can change the Word 2003 style sets to be the default.

Hope this helps. Did you find the post referred to earlier on how to save your docs as Word 2003 .doc docs?
alicat

Post by alicat »

Hey Celeste,

I followed your advice and saved it in 2003 to get the doc file.
I just did what you said re the spacing :)

Thanks for your help!
ali.
Celeste Stewart

You're welcome. Somehow, I've become the unwitting Word 2007 woman. After two years of using it, I'm still trying to figure it all out. I've used Word for ages and the switch to the "ribbon" still has me baffled, wondering where all my tools have been hidden. Though, if I were to go back, I'd really be lost.
alicat

Post by alicat »

Hello,

Can I just ask a question. Why is it that we aren't told what is wrong with our article all at once?
For eg. I got a email saying it wasn't it Doc format so I fix that and capitalised my headings.
I resubmit it to only now have a email saying that there is not enough info in it. Why wasn't I told this the first time so I could fix it all at once?
Slightly frustrating.
Celeste Stewart

I believe it's because once an article clearly has a reason to be rejected, it is. For example, if the title is not capitalized properly, the article is rejected right away. If the article isn't formatted as the guidelines state, the editor is going to send it back without reading it in its entirety. Keep in mind that hundreds of articles are vying for Ed's attention each day. That said, once the article meets CC's basic guidelines, it gets a more thorough read.

Try not to get frustrated. The same process with traditional publishers can take six months to *maybe* get a form letter back. With CC, it may take a few days to work out the article's kinks, but it's possible if you take Ed's comments into consideration and revise accordingly.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks, Celeste - you have it correct.

In addition, I don't open documents that aren't in a file type Constant Content accepts. If an article is in the wrong file type, it gets rejected immediately. File type is a basic requirement for getting articles accepted, as is following our guidelines.

Thanks,
Ed
alicat

Post by alicat »

Another Question I have is about my article not having enough information. My Article had 6 points which were straight the the point and under each heading was all the info anyone needed. I can bulk it up with useless words but that won't give the reader more info. I have been through other peoples articles and think that my article is no different.
With an article such as Toilet Training, the info has to be useful and too the point. To much info just confuses a reader.
I wouldn't know what else to add to it as I feel all the necessary info is there.
I am apart of some mothers forums, I will post the article on there and see what they think I have missed
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Ali Cat,

While getting other mother's advice on possible additions to the content can be useful, be aware that if the article is posted anywhere else on the web, you can't ask full rights or unique licences. You will only be able to sell the article here for usage licences and must put $0 for the other two licence options when resubmitting the article.

Good luck with it!

Hayley