Capitalised noun

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

virtualbod

Capitalised noun

Post by virtualbod »

Hi,

I have submitted an article (FuzzB set to increase the customer shopping experience.) twice now to CC and have rectified the errors given however, there has been an error given for capitalising proper nouns? I have been back through my content and cannot find a noun that is or isn't properly capitalised. Is there any pointers to look out for?

Virtualbod.
Ed

Re: Capitalised noun

Post by Ed »

Without knowing your author name or the title of the article there isn't much information I can give you.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed

Post by Ed »

Can you provide these?
virtualbod

Post by virtualbod »

Sorry Ed,
the title was in the brackets: FuzzB set to increase the customer shopping experience. My author name is H A Holmes.

I also have another question; because my article has been rejected twice now if I am rejected one more time will I be banned? Or if I am accepted and then later have another rejection will this count against the ones I have had before?

virtualbod.
Ed

Post by Ed »

You have saved the article in one of our acceped font types and size? I think the problem with capitalization occurred with the word "eBay." In most of your article you capitalized it "Ebay" or "eBay" (I can't remember which - either is acceptable), but "ebay" appeared later. If I notice such an error, I try to include it in the rejection notice. If something jumps out immediately, it's remiss not to mention it, though this doesn't always happen.

Everybody gets rejections for small errors. It's continual disinterest in proofreading your own work, inability to proofread, or evidence of lack of understanding about writing rules and standards that results in account suspension.

Thanks,
Ed
virtualbod

Post by virtualbod »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards,

Virtualbod.