General Rejection Question

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SDHolloway

General Rejection Question

Post by SDHolloway »

Hello,
I've just submitted my first article, which is still in the review stage. However, I was wondering about the "3 Rs and your out" policy. Does that mean consecutive rejections or total rejections? Also, do revisions requests count as rejections?

If this has been asked, please point me to the answer. I looked for it last night, and couldn't find it.

Thank you,

Sheila
Celeste Stewart

Re: General Rejection Question

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Good morning,
Do a search using the term "three strikes" and you'll find a bunch of posts to explore about the suspension policy. It's not a hard and fast rule but more of a discretionary policy. If your writing is solid with the occasional error, you should be fine.
SDHolloway

Post by SDHolloway »

Whew! Thank you Celeste. I'll look around more about "three strikes."

I did get a revision request on my first article. I'll re-visit it for any changes beyond the small one suggested by the editor. I'll consider it a part of the growth process. This sort of article writing is new to me.

Sheila
PatrickMcdonnough

Post by PatrickMcdonnough »

I have a follow-up question on this -- Is there any way to tell if I'm on thin ice or not? I'm brand new to the site and I know that I've had two blatant mistakes resulting in rejections and on my third submission, my article was accepted. I'm now a bit hesitant to submit another article -- probably this is a good thing because I'll make sure to review my next article in fear of it being rejected and my being banned from this site. Any insight on this one?

Thanks!

- Patrick.
jak

Post by jak »

Hi Patrick. Congrats on having an article accepted. You've proved you can do it. Don't let your rejections stop you submitting again. (We all have them from time to time, and they stop us from getting or remaining sloppy). Just make sure you follow all the guidelines and proof read thoroughly at least a couple of times. Leave it overnight and proof again in the morning. If your earlier mistakes were 'blatant', working in that way should have picked them up. Good luck for next time.