Rejection question

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Dragonfly

Rejection question

Post by Dragonfly »

Hello,

I received the following rejection reason for my first submission.

"Please make sure your titles make sense and are grammatically correct. "

My article is in list format. I would like to seek clarification from board members. Can a list title be abbreviated sentences for the purposes of brevity? Ex. "Don't forget to bring your spinach." Or does CC require complete sentences. IE "The user should be sure not to forget their spinach."

If the shorter sentence type is allowed then I'll work over each of my titles for clarity. and resubmit.

Thank you!
Antonia

Re: Rejection question

Post by Antonia »

"Don't forget to bring your spinach" is a complete sentence. And you're right, it's much more clear & concise.

Your other sentence is actually the grammatically incorrect one, as "the user" does not agree with "their." You might want to check your article for pronoun agreement throughout - perhaps that was the problem with your titles all along?

Best of luck - hope it's accepted second time round.
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

I don't believe so. The second sample sentence came off the top of my head and was pre-coffee. :D All of my title sentences are brief and abbreviated.
gdrocero

Post by gdrocero »

I submitted two articles already and both were rejected. I've gone thoroughly with the articles to check for any grammatical errors, but i think, there was none. If i'm suspended, will i still be able to submit articles to customers? How long would the suspension be?