Is that all - or is there something else???

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kmmacdonner

Is that all - or is there something else???

Post by kmmacdonner »

Hi guys,

I have just joined CC and submitted my first article a few days ago. I received an e-mail to say that the article had been rejected for semicolon use and for awkward wording (fair enough, no issue with this). Now, my question is, the example that the editor kindly gave me about awkward wording was a sentence from my article - does this mean this is the only example of the error? I have read over the article and do not want to go changing other parts that have not been mentioned by the editor in case this means it will be rejected again because I fiddled when I shouldn't!

Thanks in advance

Karen.
cosmo

Re: Is that all - or is there something else???

Post by cosmo »

Sometimes the editors only give one example of the mistake and leave it to you to find the rest. Based on my own rejections, it would be a good thing to go over the entire article. I only had one experience it which the editor mentioned ALL of my errors (10 in total). It was an extremely generous gesture, and probably done because the length of the article was incredibly long. Generally, it's up to us to find the rest.
kmmacdonner

Re: Is that all - or is there something else???

Post by kmmacdonner »

Thanks for the reply. Will be going through it with a fine toothcomb before submitting it again just to be on the safe side. :P