Second Rejection "Top Ten Toronto Restaurants"

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Re: Second Rejection "Top Ten Toronto Restaurants"

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
I seriously doubt you'll get suspended for trouble with formatting. It's a universal problem with new writers here. As an aside, I wish that CC would figure out a better method for copying and pasting text into the long summary. Other sites have that little "paste from Word" icon that takes care of weird Word formatting issues.

I have never submitted using Notepad, so I can't really address any of those steps. I'm curious about all those "enter three times between paragraphs on the submission form" that you mentioned. If you're already double spacing in Notepad, isn't that taking care of the padding issue?

Here's what you can do in Word 2007 to avoid the problem:
Go to the Change Styles icon, click the little arrow. choose Word 2003. This will change the padding and set the font to Times New Roman 12-point. You'll need to manually enter your paragraph breaks. If you like the Word 2003 style set, go back to the Change Styles icon and click Set as Default. This should change all future documents you create to start with this default setting.

There are other ways you can do this too. If that doesn't work out for you, let me know. But that's an easy one. You should be able to avoid the whole copy to Notepad routine by taking care of Word 2007's padding problem.

Another thing you can do after you submit the article is go to My Content > and find the submission. Click on Edit and you'll be able to see the long summary as it appears to the editors. Is it all bunched up as a giant block of text? If so, at this point you can add paragraph breaks directly in this screen and save your submission.
JulieB

Post by JulieB »

Thanks Celeste :D I submitted with your suggestions. I clicked Edit under My Content and it is not bunched up... woohooo!! I have my fingers crossed. Thank you very much for your help. Will let you know how it turns out. Oh, regarding the return three times, I was starting on the last line of the previous paragraph and ending on the first line of the next ...I can be overzealous at times :wink:
JulieB

Post by JulieB »

Just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to Celeste. I finally got past my formatting issues. I appreciate your help :D
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You're welcome.