Can I be rejected for articles with similar content?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

RandiB

Can I be rejected for articles with similar content?

Post by RandiB »

Hi,
I was just reading other forum posts and saw that someone had their articles rejected because they had "similar content." This is a bit confusing. Everything I've read about freelance writing suggests that you should get the most out of your research by writing several articles on a subject. For instance, I researched different charitable organizations and wrote five articles on that research. The articles are all targeted at different audiences and about different subjects, but the same handful of charities are mentioned in all the articles. The problem is not that the same list of charities is repeated over again, but that charities who appeal to animal lovers, for example, are also charities that appeal to children, so there is some cross over. Will my articles be rejected because of this? And if so, how do Constant-Content writers get the most out of their research?

Thanks!
Celeste Stewart

Re: Can I be rejected for articles with similar content?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

As long as each article is unique and has its own angle, you should be fine. You can discuss the same charities in different articles but with new words and a unique slant for each.

For example, "Great Gifts for Boys" and "Great GIfts for Girls" might both discuss Legos at some point, right? But the Lego paragraphs should be unique. "Boys will love the latest Lego innovations like laser beams, tractor wheels, and camoflauged-colored bricks. Make sure to pick up a Lego kit for your favorite boy this Christmas." "Lego's fresh new additions, such as gears, gadgets, and hot new patterned bricks, appeal to girls, making Legos a must for any construction-loving girl on your shopping list."
RandiB

Re: Can I be rejected for articles with similar content?

Post by RandiB »

Exactly! Thanks so much :D