Rejected for First-Person POV but can't find any?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LLuDawg

Rejected for First-Person POV but can't find any?

Post by LLuDawg »

The following is what I got rejected for. I'm sorry for the long message but its my first rejection.
We have reviewed your content, "Top 10 Ways to Lose Weight." Unfortunately, this article requires revision before we can accept it.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

Short summaries must be free of the first-person POV, including the first-person plural.

We do not accept articles that contain the first-person POV for for various reasons. Please avoid use of the first-person POV and do not submit personal narratives/accounts. You can read more about why we do not accept these here: http://www.constant-content.com/blog/?p=90

Please note that we do not accept content that uses the first-person plural when it refers to the author.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

Please take this information into consideration for future submissions. In addition, Submission Guidelines should be followed to avoid repeated rejections:

Submission Guidelines
http://www.constant-content.com/area/su ... elines.htm

To resubmit your article after you have made the necessary revisions, please visit the “My Content” section of your account and click on “edit” next to the rejected article.

It says rejected for first-person POV but I checked my article and couldn't find anywhere which had me using "I" or something like that. Any tips or help appreciated!
Celeste Stewart

Re: Rejected for First-Person POV but can't find any?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Sounds like they're talking about the "short summary" - that's the section where you briefly describe the article to prospective buyers. Did that section have any instances of first person - or first person plural (we, our, us)?
LLuDawg

Re: Rejected for First-Person POV but can't find any?

Post by LLuDawg »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Sounds like they're talking about the "short summary" - that's the section where you briefly describe the article to prospective buyers. Did that section have any instances of first person - or first person plural (we, our, us)?
I did find 1 "our" in a paragraph but I didn't think about "we" or "us". I'll check for those.

I also found some "we"s which I fixed. Do you think that's everything?