Spyware guide rejected again

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Re: Spyware guide rejected again

Post by Ed »

I'm sorry, Lenin, but you do not know the full details of the situation.

Additionally, I have a finite amount of time and an infinite number of submissions. My job is to keep the level of quality here at a high standard, not proofread individual authors' articles or to educate them about issues with which they should already be familiar. Freelancing requires self-editing, and authors must come to this site with their skills already honed. There are plenty of authors here who submit error-free work. Spending extra time with those who cannot submit error-free work is not fair to authors who know how to proofread their own work. I can help to some extent, in a general way, but the bottom line is that this is not a site for education or for practice. This is a site for dedicated writers who can consistently provide quality, error-free work.

Those writers who do need improvement must be willing to play an active part in the process. They cannot passively sit back and wait for someone else to tell them what is wrong when a basis for rejection has already been indicated. Otherwise, they will never learn, and therefore, never improve. Even the best writers question every mark they put on the page.

Ed
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks for the reply Ed. I understand. I will work with GailWriter to improve the commas, especially as I do proofread all her submissions. Obviously, I also need to go back and review the comma rules for myself. I appreciate the feedback.

Hayley
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks, Hayley. It's admirable that you extend a helping hand to so many writers, but everyone here is ultimately responsible for his or her own work.
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

You are right Ed. We know the kind of hard work you are doing. Thanks for still taking time in clarifying our doubts here.

Lenin