Rejection question

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

loislawrence

Rejection question

Post by loislawrence »

I am new both to Constant Content and to using the forums, so I may not be where I need to be. To date I have had some articles accepted and a few rejected for formatting problems with the long summary. I have reviewed the guidelines and am not sure what I am doing wrong. The most recent submission to be rejected was called Using the Web Wisely to Slash Family Travel Costs.

Instead of submitting about one third of my articles in the long summary section, I have been submitting close to 100% just cutting off mid-sentence near the end of the so the reader will understand there is more. Is that a mistake?

Also, could material I have written in and then copied from Microsoft Word be getting re-formatted after submission? It appears properly formatted when I paste it into the long format box.

Also, I am concerned about the three rejection rule I am reading about. I don't think my writing is sub-standard and after an initial quick rash of rejections, most of what I have submitted is being accepted. Do I have to be concerned about that policy?

Lois Lawrence
Ed

Re: Rejection question

Post by Ed »

This thread has some good information about the "three strikes" rule:
http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... 15&t=13511

Long summaries must be formatted as per our guidelines - with spaces between paragraphs for customer readability. I believe you can go back and edit your long summary after submission, and it should appear as I see it once in the review queue. Of course, I can't see how it appears to you when you copy/paste it into the long summary box, so I don't know where the source of the problem is.

Thanks,
Ed