problem with rules for submitting articles

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

trilob

problem with rules for submitting articles

Post by trilob »

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding the rules to submit articles. According to the guidelines, you need to submit 1/3 to 2/3 of your article. I submitted 2/3. I ended after the second of five tips for writing leads. My rejection notice said that I was rejected because I said there were five tips and showed only two. Showing all five would have meant submitting almost all of the article. I have submitted the article again and submitted the whole thing. I'm missing something here, but I can't figure it out. Thanks.
Ed

Re: problem with rules for submitting articles

Post by Ed »

The whole article must be in the file attached. The 2/3 is only for the content details/long summary. When the customer purchases your article, he or she will need to have the whole thing.
trilob

Post by trilob »

Thanks, just one more question. Does the long summary go in the Content box? Does the full article go in the file (txt. doc. rtf) box? Will the full article automatically go in there when I borwose and click on the article I'm doing? Thnaks for any help.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

The long summary goes into the box called "Content Details". It's the one under the box for the short summary. This Content Details box should contain 2/3 or so of your article.

When you go to attach your file (txt, doc, rtf), you hit browse and then click on the file where you have saved your completed (full length) article. When you press submit, the full article will be uploaded with your submission.

Hope this makes sense :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks for explaining this, Nessiee. I sometimes confuse people because what's on my screen is different from what's on the submission screen because the review section hasn't changed as much as the main site during its evolution.
trilob

Post by trilob »

That did make more sense. It seems quite clear to me now. Thanks for your time.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

No problem, glad I could help :)