Fear of the Dark and the Third

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

GyZ

Fear of the Dark and the Third

Post by GyZ »

Hello, thank you for reading this. I made a movie review submission recently, and it was rejected on two consecutive occasions. I greatly respect Ed's scientific rigor he judges articles by, thus, this two rejections convince me that I made mistakes I am simply not skilled enough to spot. I would not dare to resubmit that particular content for a third time without being relatively confident that inherent, "fresh" focal mistakes were found- and addressed.

Thus, as for the next occasion, I plan to submit an article about a completely different subject matter, going back to the rejected article later on, hopefully with help from authors whom have more precise command of the language than I do. There is integral fear haunting me steadily though that a possible rejection of the upcoming submission easily could earn me a suspension. My question is this: do different rejections add up, or, is an author allowed a second attempt upon each rejections? Thank you for your time, please reply.
BarryDavidson

Re: Fear of the Dark and the Third

Post by BarryDavidson »

Post a little of the article in the constructive criticism thread. Or, what were the reasons for the rejections? I know a little about the most common mistakes made in a few of those.

As for rejections adding up, I don't think so except on individual pieces (same article being rejected 3+ times). I've had about five rejections in my first three or four weeks. If you'd like, you can private message me the first half of the article, and I'll try to help. I am by no means an expert, but we all can spot mistakes in other people's work far easier than our own.
GyZ

Post by GyZ »

Thank you for the reply and the kind proposition, I will send you the article.
GyZ

Post by GyZ »

Oops, I can't find the private message option, will post the portion in the Constructive Criticism thread instead. Hope to see you there.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

I forgot to mention... Send it through the main site, as the messages there aren't indexed by search engines.