Rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Anna13

Rejection

Post by Anna13 »

I just got an article rejected because of font size. The guidelines say that it should be 12 points, and that's what it is... I saved it in .txt format, which automatically formats the text to courier, instead of Times New Roman. Is this why? The guidelines also say to save in .txt, .html or .pdf, but it doesn't mention .doc, In order to maintain the Times font it has to stay in .doc, What should I do? Please let me know, I would appreciate any help.
Thank you. Anna
Ed

Re: Rejection

Post by Ed »

The article was not submitted in Courier. The article was submitted in 10pt Times New Roman . We do not accept pdf or html files, and the guidelines (http://www.constant-content.com/about/w ... elines.htm) do not state this. The submission form indicates articles must be submitted in txt, rtf, or doc files.

Ed
Anna13

Post by Anna13 »

Thanks for your help.
I don't know where I saw the file formats... It must have been on a late night, passed my bedtime... I'm sorry for the confusion. I will submit in .doc format, I do have it saved as 12pt Times in that format.
(I am using Microsoft Office for Mac, I hope this doesn't affect the content formatting, would it?)
Thanks
Anna
Ed

Post by Ed »

It shouldn't if you are submitting a doc file, but others have had issues with Macs before.

Thanks,
Ed
RonD

Post by RonD »

Correct me if I am wrong here, but, unless there's been a major change to the specifications of the file format by some standards body somewhere I don't know about, .txt files do not save any font settings. They do not keep track of typeface, size, or any other formatting including italics, bold, and so forth. All you get is straight text and paragraph breaks (and those breaks can even be different based upon what OS and application you were using).

Whenever a .txt file is opened it just puts the text in whatever font and size is the default for that particular word processor. For one person that may be Courier and for another it may be Times. People who submit files have absolutely no control over that. If the default in Ed's computer is for 10 point Times, every .txt file he looks at would be rejected as being in the wrong font size.

I would think then that either .txt should be removed as an option for uploads if this is going to confuse customers or that font and size not be a concern for .txt files.