Rejected for "hyperlink"???

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AshHan

Rejected for "hyperlink"???

Post by AshHan »

I submitted an article by request for Crowdeye.com as a review. The first time I submitted I accidentally included a www. infront of the Crowdeye.com name, so there was infact a hyperlink in the article. I'm not sure why the rule of no links would apply in this case. I read the blog link sent along with my rejection notice, and that applied to putting OTHER people's websites in with the client's request. I think that rule makes perfect sense. Either way, I removed the hyperlink from my 2nd version of the article. I just got a 2nd rejection stating that the reason was "we do not accept hyperlinks" yet again. There wasn't a hyper link, only the reference Crowdeye.com which is exactly what the client requsted- a reivew of Crowdeye.com. I'm upset because I spent a lot of time on this article (probably more than I should've) and now it's not even available anymore. If there was no hyperlink the 2nd time around, why was my article rejected? (I just triple checked my article for hyperlinks before posting this. There really wasn't one.)
Ed

Re: Rejected for "hyperlink"???

Post by Ed »

Yes, the hyperlink is still present. Mousing over the first instance of the word reveals that this is the case.

Thank you,
Ed
Zabrina

Re: Rejected for "hyperlink"???

Post by Zabrina »

To be on the safe side, maybe it would be a good idea not to put a .com after any hyperlinks. :) Word sometimes turns "something.com" into a hyperlink linking to "www.something.com", even without the "www" being typed.