My first article rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PatrickM

My first article rejection

Post by PatrickM »

Yep as the title states, my first article was rejected. The reason given for the rejection was "Article exhibits problems with sentence structure, punctuation, and clarity.

We do not accept content that uses the first-person POV, including first-person plural when it refers to the author."

I agree with the first reason, it did exhibit many of those problems. I am stuck on how it could be in first person. After correcting the errors that I noticed, I re-submitted the article. This time I was told "This article has not been adequately revised. We cannot accept it. Do not resubmit." I find it odd that so many people get more then once chance at a revision before they are told they cannot resubmit it. I don't know if it was an error on the editors part or not but I thought all of the problems were fixed in the revision, except one which I just noticed. Although I cannot resubmit it, I was hoping I could post a portion of it so you guys could maybe point out a couple problems so that I can atleast learn from the mistakes?

This is a small portion of the entire article,but could someone please point to me how it is in first person? Also I know in the first line way should be ways thats the error i picked up after resubmitting :(
Ed

Re: My first article rejection

Post by Ed »

Do not include portions of your document in the forums.

When an article is rejected because it has not been adequately revised, it means that the points addressed in the rejection notice have not entirely been addressed. In this case, you fixed the problem with the POV, but other errors, including punctuation errors and problems with clarity - as well as grammar errors - were not corrected upon resubmission. It appeared as though these issues were not addressed at all. When an article is rejected, the author must proofread it thoroughly and make all necessary corrections upon resubmission. Articles cannot be repeatedly reviewed.

Thank you,
Ed
PatrickM

Post by PatrickM »

First off i'd like to say sorry about posting part of the article, I did not realize it was against the rules. Thank you for pointing out that I had fixed the POV issue as that was mainly bugging me. As for grammar issues and punctuation, I will look it over again and see if I can spot the problems in a effort to be more prepared for my next article. I hate comma's that's usually my biggest problems. Again thanks for taking the time to reply.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I encourage you to recheck your other submission again, at greater length, for the errors cited in the rejection notice. Authors who resubmit shortly after rejection rarely catch all errors.

Thanks,
Ed
PatrickM

Post by PatrickM »

Thanks for the advice Ed, i'll do that now. Does anyone know of any resources that may help me with comma usage? I won't be able to sleep tonight if I think there is something wrong with the article :) I'm a fast writer sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers so that seems to be another problem. Thanks again for the advice ed and I will look my other article over now.
Ed

Post by Ed »

PatrickM

Post by PatrickM »

Thanks a lot , I will look over those resources now. I appreciate your help. I enjoy writing, but it can be a little frustrating when you can't seem to get it right. Anyway I'll keep trying thanks again!