Question about rejection for containing links

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

rohishetty

Question about rejection for containing links

Post by rohishetty »

Hi Ed,

My article, "Addiction to Chocolate, Sugar, Cheese, and Meat: How It Is Caused and How It Can Be Conquered" has just been rejected and the reason given is "We do not accept content with website addresses/links."

I am puzzled because the article doesn't contain any links. I checked again and couldn't find any http or www or even hidden links.

Please could you clarify?

Sorry for taking your time.

btw, i changed the title yesterday in the long summary and file and meant to inform you today. I changed it to "Addiction to Chocolate, Sugar, Cheese, and Meat: How Food-Cravings are Caused and How They Can Be Conquered".

Thanks for your attention.
Ed

Re: Question about rejection for containing links

Post by Ed »

You article did contain links, which often happens when an author copies and pastes text with link from a source.
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Thanks a lot for your reply, Ed.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Control +A followed by Control+Shift+F9 removes all hyperlinks.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Moreover, it is probably best to avoid copying and pasting anything from another source.
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Thanks a million, Debbi.
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Hi Ed,

I did copy and paste some lines but I adapted all of it.
I will avoid it in future.
Thanks again.
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Hi Ed,

I have removed the links, changed the title to "Addiction to Chocolate, Sugar, Cheese, and Meat: How Food-Cravings are Caused and How They can be Conquered" and re-submitted it.

Thanks again.
JenniferMaconSteele

Post by JenniferMaconSteele »

Hi. I am having the same problem. I don't understand, though. Are the links hidden? Is there a way to see them? I really want to get this right. Thank you.
Jennifer
Ed

Post by Ed »

Sometimes they are visible to others even if they aren't visible to the author whose work contains the links. Sometimes the link appears when moused over. It's best to use the original document that hasn't been copied and pasted from anywhere, and to refrain from copying and pasting anything from the web into your document, to avoid this problem.

Thanks,
Ed
heidi

Post by heidi »

Wow, I'm glad I found this forum and thread. I just submitted my first two articles yesterday, and one was rejected only for containing links. I had no idea how that could have happened, and figured I must have somehow attached the wrong file.

I had started off including links, before I read the full terms again and remembered we could not use them, so I removed them all. Now I learn that the links I removed may still be there, despite my efforts to remove them. What's strange is I followed the exact same process for both articles, but one was accepted and the other was not. Oh well. Some things remain a mystery.

I'll be sure to paste into Notepad or something first and then create a new Word doc before resubmitting.

thanks,
Heidi