Resubmission, and source citation question.

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JuleRomans

Resubmission, and source citation question.

Post by JuleRomans »

Thank you for reviewing my article.

I made a mistake in my source citation for an article. I left the "www." on the address.

I do want Ed to know that I read the guidelines carefully and tried to remove the link prior to submission. I know that the guidelines suggest removing the "www." I thought that the requester wanted sources cited, so I used modified MLA style, including the web address. I made the mistake of assuming that since I removed the hyperlink using WORD, it would stay removed when uploaded. Lesson learned. :-)

I can resubmit, is that correct? When I do, should I note that it is a resubmission? Thanks again.
JuleRomans

Re: Resubmission, and source citation question.

Post by JuleRomans »

I'm sorry. I found the answer. Thank you for your patience.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Just resubmit. Not withstanding MLA or any other guidelines, do not include live links in your submissions. google.com is fine, www.google.com is a no no.
JuleRomans

Post by JuleRomans »

Thank you! I got confused. I appreciate your advice.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

For everyone's benefit:

No need to note it is a resubmission either. Ed remembers everything he reads so he knows it is a resubmission.

From the FAQs http://www.constant-content.com/about/writer-faq.htm My article was rejected for containing website addresses or links. Why?
Buyers prefer articles without links because they want readers to stay on their websites. Web addresses or links can lead visitors away. Links are only permissible if the requester specifically asks for it. Make sure to add this information into the short summary so that the editor can see it.

Also this post and responses is helpful: http://www.constant-content.com/blog/20 ... -articles/

Good luck.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

Ed remembers everything he reads so he knows it is a resubmission.
I wish I had such a memory. Ed must be a master of so many fields! :D