Paragraph spacing?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JasperFlynn

Paragraph spacing?

Post by JasperFlynn »

Hey I'm new and not entirely sure of how strict CC will be with my submissions. I recently re-submitted my first peice and was wondering if it will be rejected for having a break in a paragraph and not a whole line because the topics relate (I'm really nervous about the three-rejections rule!) for example.
A break just like this where the text starts again on the line beneath it. I only did it once in the whole document, the rest of the paragraphs are spaced by a line. I need to know if I should edit it so it doesn't get rejected!

Thanks guys, I'm still learning.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Paragraph spacing?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yes, you need spaces between all paragraphs. Web writing generally requires short, single-topic paragraphs and lots of white space. It's easier for readers who tend to scan text on computers rather than read everything word for word.
JasperFlynn

Post by JasperFlynn »

Thank you :) If I change the text in the document I have uploaded for submission, without removing it and then uploading the changed version, just by re-writing it saved in My Documents, will it have changed when the editor reviews it? And does changing it put it too the back of the que in submissions?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You can manually remove the document in the "edit" section (look for "remove document") and then re-upload your changed document. Change the text in the long summary, too. This editing does not change your spot in line.