Second Rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

RedRabbit

Second Rejection

Post by RedRabbit »

I recently submitted an article. It came back rejected for one incorrectly spelled word (isle vs. aisle). I fixed the problem, and sent the article through again. Now when it came back there were minor grammar adjustments that the editor is wanting. As I am new here, I am still trying to understand this process. It's a little different than what I am used to with other publishers. My question is why did the first rejection only list one issue, and the second rejection list several? If all corrections were on the first rejection, I would have been able to fix all of it before sending it back.

I feel that this is a strong article, and hope to be able to get it approved.

I am really hoping that a third attempt at this article doesn't lead to permanent rejection from this site.

Thanks!
nichewriter

Re: Second Rejection

Post by nichewriter »

Usually, the editor reviewing articles will not continue reading the entire article after spotting an error. In some cases, he'll give examples of errors. This is why if your article is rejected, you should review it in its entirety and not just fix the error that was pointed out to you in the rejection email. It's up to us writers to thoroughly go over our articles to make sure they're error-free.

~Sherry