Public Request Calls for First-Person POV

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

rmanfredi1976

Public Request Calls for First-Person POV

Post by rmanfredi1976 »

I had an article titled "The Replacements Post-Punk Take on Cruella De Ville" rejected because it used a first-person POV. However, I created the article for the public request "Disney Music Song" which specifically asked for articles with a first-person POV.

From the request:

"You will need to pick a Disney cover song that I have not yet featured on my site. There are a few different angles you can go with your article. It can feature the artist you have chosen with commentary on how their cover is different, better or worse; you can tie it to a Disney anniversary or special event; you can reminisce about Disney memories and how the cover song you have covered relates"

So while I understand that first-person POV articles are not allowed in general, it seems like this customer's request specifically asks for this. In this case, why would my article have been rejected?
jadedragon

Re: Public Request Calls for First-Person POV

Post by jadedragon »

Generally 1st Person POV is not allowed, except when requested. I'd resubmit and add a note in the short summary that the article is in 1st Person POV by request. You can delete the note after approval.
michaelsmoker

Post by michaelsmoker »

The editorial guidelines actually specify that you need to put a note to the editor in your submission to indicate that first-person POV is requested by the customer. I guess it's too much trouble for editors to glance at the request before reading the article that responds to it. Those four days off work every holiday weekend are SOOOO tiring....

Michael
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

I noticed your Cruella article on the recently sold list. Congrats :)