Some of these posts have scared me

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

sallic

Some of these posts have scared me

Post by sallic »

Hi all, I just joined CC a couple of days ago. I was so excited about this site that I posted 3 articles in one day. After reading some of the rejection and suspended posts on this forum, I have to admit they scared me a little. I have taken off one of my articles and began to really scrutinize the other two for errors. I would hate to be suspended in my first week. I always felt that I had a good command of the English language, punctuation, grammar and have been writing marketing articles for start up companies for years. I can take some constructive criticism and a rejection for punctuation errors, but to be suspended for too many mistakes - WOW!!!! I think I'll take it a bit slower with my article submissions from now on. I love this site and this forum is soooo helpful. I'm hoping to be part of this group for a long time.
jak

Re: Some of these posts have scared me

Post by jak »

Hi Sallic and welcome. It's probably wise to submit one at a time to begin with. Once you have some acceptances you'll regain confidence and then the world's your oyster. (Not sure what that means, unless it's referring to a pearl that makes you rich, but always wanted an opportunity to use it.)
sallic

Re: Some of these posts have scared me

Post by sallic »

Thank you Jak. I will definitely slow down and wait for an acceptance before submitting anymore. I just got carried away on my first day. I googled "the world is your oyster" and found this meaning. It basically means that the oyster shell is hard, but can easily be opened with the correct tool to reach something valuable inside. Pretty cool huh! It's origin is from a Shakesperian play, The Merry Wives of Windsor. The quote from the play:
"Falstaff: I will not lend thee a penny.
Pistol: Why, then, the world's mine oyster, Which I with sword will open." I love Google. Thanks again.