HOW TO RESUBMIT?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

eileen

HOW TO RESUBMIT?

Post by eileen »

Hi,

Received a rejection and trying to resubmit. Finding the resubmission page very confusing. When you go into the "edit the content listing" page do you make the requested changes in the short summary and content detail boxes, save changes, then press resubmit article box?

Or do you leave these boxes as they are , with the mistakes, change your own saved file, click on "add a new file" and then upload and resubmit that?

At first glance, I assumed that you do the first option as this seems the easier one.

I am worried that I am resubmitting the original file that was rejected if I don't change the summary and content details.

Sorry if this question is not clear. I am probably being very dim. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.
jak

Re: HOW TO RESUBMIT?

Post by jak »

You have to make all changes required in the submission boxes as well as upload the new file and delete the old one. I think it is better to save the revised document with a slightly different name, so there's no confusion about which is which. Good luck.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I keep waiting to get an article rejection so I can see this relatively new process in action. I think for those of us who are familiar with editing our submissions after they've already been approved will be more comfortable with this, but newer members may be mystified.
I have had a few writers contact me directly about this because they too have found it confusing. Maybe CC should make a video and post it in the Help section. . . I'll go to the suggestions thread and suggest that :)
judebarton

Post by judebarton »

I resubmitted my article (hopefully I did it right) and now on the My Content page it says Status - resubmitted. Will that change to Under Review or something like that when it gets picked up by the editor? It is not easy to be patient with your first article.

I read on some thread here that the 3 strikes rule is not rigid if your articles are basically good and well written without any blatant grammatical errors or generally poor writing skills. Is this true?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Think of it this way, the CC editors aren't standing there with a clipboard keeping track of every article rejection and shouting "Strike!" with each one.
judebarton

Post by judebarton »

I guess I understood it wrong then. I thought that some people were saying, or at least implying, that it was an automatic thing. Thanks for the clarification on that.