Preventing plagiarism by buyers

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Karen-Michele

Preventing plagiarism by buyers

Post by Karen-Michele »

Hi, there.
I just had a strange thought. I suppose college kids and others needing book reviews or essays could buy articles and plagiarize. I know college students are supposed to write their own work (been there), so how does Constant-Content verify that buyers are legitimate businesses and not individuals looking to plagiarize? Is there even a way to do this?
Curious in California... :?
K-M
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We don't check this.... Most of these articles are not written for this type of project. Really a collage kid is more likely to find the article online and plagiarize, not pay for it. I think now a days the schools have systems in place to prevent this type of thing, I know we use a system that many professors use to check if article submitted are plagiarized.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Of course, it's not plagiarism if they pay for full rights. Right? I'm sensing a new market out there!

Just kidding! They should pull those all-nighters typing away just like I had too. :D --J.
Karen-Michele

Thanks

Post by Karen-Michele »

That makes sense. I'd forgotten there were apps out there to check for "lifted" content.
Rav

Post by Rav »

constant wrote:We don't check this.... Most of these articles are not written for this type of project. Really a collage kid is more likely to find the article online and plagiarize, not pay for it. I think now a days the schools have systems in place to prevent this type of thing, I know we use a system that many professors use to check if article submitted are plagiarized.
Is it ok if it is referenced properly though? In the article I just submitted I copied a large amount of text from a .edu site, but I put it in quotation marks, and made it known that that chunk of text was extracted from that site. It isn't plagerism, but it would still make that system flash that it has been copied.
inspiration2jms

Students

Post by inspiration2jms »

There are many sites where students post the details of the reports or homework they are to submit and hire a writer to do them for them. These students offer as little as $4 a page, some up to $14 per page for more technical reports. I was recruited for such a writing possition. I did not submit anything however. My work is more valuable than that and I believe that a student should do their own work.
Sarah81

Re: Students

Post by Sarah81 »

inspiration2jms wrote:There are many sites where students post the details of the reports or homework they are to submit and hire a writer to do them for them. These students offer as little as $4 a page, some up to $14 per page for more technical reports. I was recruited for such a writing possition. I did not submit anything however. My work is more valuable than that and I believe that a student should do their own work.
Even if a student offered me fifty bucks per page the answer would have to be "No." I'm a full-time student myself. We're paying for the privilege of learning - not for the opportunity to pay somebody else to do the work that we don't feel like doing.

Besides: anti-plagiarism software and sites are almost as easy to use as the actual acts of plagiarism. I would not want to be on either side of the plagiarism problem (hiring or writing), as that sort of thing tends to follow a person around.