Would Comic Book Articles sell?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jfmalewitz

Would Comic Book Articles sell?

Post by jfmalewitz »

I am fairly new to CC. One article sold, three total posted. I love writing about comic books, and have published over a dozen on Associated. I did some of my own research on the site and did a search for comic book articles. I did not see one usage sale. Is that a hint? The thing with associated is that old story of payment--I get 4-7 bucks an article. Any insights or personal experience would be helpful. I have heard you never know what will sell here.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It's worth a try but it is also highly specialized so I wouldn't base my entire CC experience on the success of comic book articles. Try it and see. Like I said in a earlier post this week, I tried something unusual and it did end up selling.

I know one guy was so specialized, he only wrote to one specific topic and never found a customer and ended up unhappy with the CC experience. Not CC's fault, it just wasn't a popular topic. Gardening, real estate, travel, weddings, home loans, pets, and parenting are.

What I would do, is throw some articles out there and see if anyone nibbles and I would also continue subbing articles that address the more popular topics at the same time. Maybe try a more mainstream approach like "Collectibles: Comics are Hot!" or "Parenting Survival Tips: Get Acquainted with Comic Books" -- argh, not exactly those but hopefully you'll see what I'm trying to suggest.

Life Lessons from Comic Book Heroes.

Good luck! Who knows, maybe some webmaster is waiting in the wings :)