Question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ElizabethChayne

Question

Post by ElizabethChayne »

I submitted a review on a website that included links because the review was written on behalf of someone on the public request. The article was sent back to me, and the editor said I shouldn't include links in my review.

I'm kind of puzzled because a) it says I'm allowed to have up to three links on my article in the writer's guidelines section, and b) since I'm reviewing a website, it's only natural for me to include a link to the website, c) it's written on behalf of a cilent who asked for links to be included in the article.

I've resubmitted the article with a note explaining that I'm writing for a cilent, but it's still being reviewed, so I don't know how it'll come out. Will this rejection count as grounds for suspension? I'm worried because I hear three rejections is all it takes.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Three links is not a guideline for articles that are for sale.

Please read the following blog for clarification:
http://constant-content.com/blog/?p=35

Links are acceptable if the requester asks for them to be included, but this information must be noted in the short summary.

Ed
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

And about suspensions, what I have seen is that if the editors notice that you are trying to fix your problems, or if they are simple misunderstandings of the guidelines that you fix, they are understanding about it.
ElizabethChayne

Post by ElizabethChayne »

Oh, okay. I get it now. I should have said something in the short summary...*smacks self on head* Ow... :D

I sure hope the editors think I'm trying to fix the problem. I really don't want to get kicked off.

Thanks to both of you!!