Private Request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

bearhugs54

Private Request

Post by bearhugs54 »

I submitted an article to the Top 10 Private Request by David. It has been sitting out there on the list for some time. Does this mean he rejected it or is it still under consideration? How do you know if a private request has been rejected when there are so many articles and authors involved?
JD

Post by JD »

Sometimes, when you send a customer a link to an article you've written for them in response to a request, and they don't want to buy the article, they will come back and let you know that it's not exactly what they want. But most times, if a customer doesn't buy your article you have to assume that it wasn't what they wanted -- for whatever reason. And hope that another customer will come along and buy it -- which does happen.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Plus, David's request isn't really a "private" request though the category set up for him is located in that category.

When you get a real private request, the communciation is much better. The customer has specifically assigned a project to you only and almost always buys the article, usually right away though sometimes it takes a few days. If it's not quite what they want, they'll let you know.

Regarding David's request, he hasn't seemed to pick any articles up in the last few weeks from anyone so who knows? Maybe he plans on doing a bulk purchase once a month or maybe he has what he needs for now. I don't know.....but I wish I did :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks for the stellar explanation, JD and Celeste.

I always manage to learn something from the writers here!

Ed