Payment

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Elizabeth Ann West

Payment

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Okay, sorry to bother people but I have a question about payment. I've searched the forums and all I can find is talk to support if you haven't been credited for an article.

My question is when do we get paid? I have sold a few articles, show money in "my account" but don't see a button or anything to click to tell it to withdraw the funds to my Paypal account.

It also has "Payment Threshold $0.00" as a hyperlink and when I click it, it just gives me the definition of a payment threshold, not if there is one.

I just finished my frist private request, which should bring my total up to almost $40, not much I know, but it is something my husband and I could use for a Christmas gift or two. Are we only paid once a month?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I really enjoy working for this site, but finding answers can be pretty tough for new authors.

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth West
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

We get paid once per month usually around the first - if we have $50 or more in our account. Don't worry, if you have less than the $50, it rolls over (it's not like they keep it or anything). If you need the money and you don't make the $50 limit, email support and they can assist you.

I think they have the $50 threshold so that they aren't making a bunch of tiny payments each month.

I don't know why the payment threshold link says $0 because it is actually $50. Must be an oversight.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Thanks Celeste. Only thing I can think of is if in your first month as an author you get paid no matter what the account holds?

I priced a few of my articles lower in hopes of selling just one more before the month ends. I am only $10 shy of the threshold, just in case. It's not that we need the money, it's more that I want the bragging rights to my husband of see dear, I CAN make money writing on the internet. So far, I only do this part part time, but I know if I dedicated more time and research to a few topics, I could easily cover my student loan payment each month.

:) Thanks Celeste for always being here for new writers. At first, I didn't think I would be able to hang with the "big dogs" but now I've sold 3 articles to the same person, and hope to get more private requests from her.

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth West
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Writers can ask for a withdraw at anytime but we discourage this from happening to often. Also we may not be able to if one of your article was JUST sold.
jbielicke

Post by jbielicke »

Constant,

Information on payment was easy to find when I signed up many many months ago, but now it seems to have disappeared. I've also seen a lot of forum posts from others saying they are unable to locate this information.

Is there any way to add it back to the Writer Help section?
Ed

Post by Ed »

This information is actually included in the Writers' FAQ. There should be an updated version of this document appearing shortly.

Ed