Responding to Requesters

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Aariana Adams

Responding to Requesters

Post by Aariana Adams »

C-C, thanks for today's email update on the all latest here. It has always been my understanding that an author's initial contact with a requester should be only submission of an approved article. I've noticed, however, that there are several requests encouraging authors to email for details - for subject matter, etc. Some ask for replies from authors interested in providing weekly or monthly content.

Just after your update, another request of this type came in:

["Email me for details, I have alot of subject matter for this one."]

How do we handle this and shouldn't the "subject matter" be included in the request?

Thanks for any clarification.

Aariana
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I think the key is not to pester the requesters with useless posts saying "I can do this for you" or "I wrote an article for you but it's not ready to show you yet."

Some customers will want to have writers contact them first for a couple of different reasons. For example, they may need dozens of articles and want to divvy them up as assignments rather than waste everyone's time having to weed through a bunch of articles on one topic and having the others ignored. I imagine that if a customer says, "contact me for further details" that CC won't have a problem with that (so long as we do so within the CC system).

Just my opinion of course. Let's see what Constant has to say.
Aariana Adams

Post by Aariana Adams »

Thanks for the reply Celeste. I remember the days when all the details were given in the request and authors took it an ran with it.

Aariana