Sold?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Sold?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
I received an email this morning saying that "Start Saving Money Now - It Really Does Pay" sold. However, it's not showing up on my "Recently Sold" or "Licenses" list nor is the money posted to may account. I thought, drat, maybe it's one of those frauds.

But, the article has been removed from the system and it shows up under "My Content" as sold. Usually when payment is in limbo, it says "waiting" so I'm left wondering if it really did sell? And if so, what's up? It was a pricey piece so I'm extra curious. It's odd that it's not showing under licenses.
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

Hmmm... I just received notice of selling a pricey article also but it is in my Licenses as "Waiting for Payment". I've had this happen before and then the buyer disappears. After reading your post I am wondering if my sale is legit. Hope yours and mine goes through okay. :?
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

And mine. :(
WTPayne

Strangeness

Post by WTPayne »

The same buyer bought three of mine. 2 are marked as paid, and the third one, the priciest of the bunch, is showing "awaiting payment."
Celeste Stewart

I see that a bunch that were showing as recently sold a few minutes ago are no longer up on the Recently Sold list so that could have been a cancelation or fraud. However, my original article still remains as "sold" but not in licenses etc.. I think these are two separate orders...
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

I'm still waiting... What does anyone think about the idea of receiving a "Sold" notification email only after the transaction is complete? It's always a big letdown when you learn it's not *really* sold.

Discuss among yourselves. :wink:
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Easy come, easy go...I had one that fell through this morning too. Kind of a bummer. I like the idea of getting the notification only when the sale is final, but since this doesn't happen that often I guess I can live with it. JA
Celeste Stewart

I finally found mine under "Licenses for your Content" - on one of the last pages. For some reason it got buried with all the older articles. It's showing:
order being processed
-
Unpaid
which makes sense - probably an eCheck payment or something. So, fingers crossed. It was just weird that it got buried with all those older sales of mine. Hopefully, it's legit.
JD

Post by JD »

I would much prefer to get the 'sold' email once the order has been finalised. I have one still pending from a week or so ago. I've received two 'sold' emails today but both of these articles are also showing as pending. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though. Interestingly (or not), one of the articles is the same one that was the subject of a fraudalent payment a few weeks ago. Hmmm.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

JD- mine too!

Celeste- It seems that pending sales are getting listed on the last page of our licenses anymore. Mine have been doing that for weeks now.

Unfortunately, every article of mine for which I received an email notifying me of its sale that I find on my last page of licenses as unprocessed never goes through. On the other hand, many of the ones that show up there without the email do go through eventually as sold. I hope that isn't the case here.
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

Interesting - my article that is "pending" is also one that was supposedly sold then didn't go through a few weeks back. That's why I questioned it this time. Good to know I'm not alone. :wink:
Aariana Adams

Post by Aariana Adams »

Dittos for me. My article that sold this a.m. was sold fraudently when the scam (or whatever) happened. After the sold notification, I was paid and the piece showed on the Recently Sold list and at the top of my License list. Now it is the last article in the list, awaiting payment, and my account has been reduced.

For me, I'd rather get the notification right away. At least we know what's going on and it is usually correct. I think we more we talk about it, the more Admin can watch for it.

Good luck everyone,
Aariana
JD

Post by JD »

WG - yes, I've never had a 'pending' article that eventually sold either.

Something else to bear in mind... Any article pending sale for full or unique rights is, for the time the payment issue is being resolved, unavailable for other customers to see...
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

I've received (un)sold notifications four times now -- twice for articles that didn't even show as sold or pending (and weren't sales at all) and two that fell through. That's why I want the notification after the sale is complete. I just get too excited. :roll:
JD

Post by JD »

I know what you mean. It's such a hard landing when you learn that they haven't actually sold.