How long before articles show as sold?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kathryn Nichols

How long before articles show as sold?

Post by Kathryn Nichols »

Hello - I sold two articles today (yippee!) and indicated that I accepted the price offers on them. That was earlier this afternoon. The two articles are still not showing up as being sold, and I was just wondering how long it takes for sales to be reflected on the web site.

Thanks for all your help! Kathy Nichols
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hello,

I'm not really familiar with the offer process. Did the customer make an offer and you accepted it? If so, I believe that the customer must still follow through and purchase the article in order for it to be an official listed sale. Double check your "Your Account" area to see if funds have been transferred as well as the "Licenses for your Content" area to see if your articles are listed as "sold." Until the customer completes the transaction, they probably won't show.

Sometimes, if the articles are sold but the transaction takes a while to go through, the funds will show up and the license will show as sold but you won't necessarily see it listed on the "recently sold" list as newer transactions will have populated the list. (Not sure if that makes sense). As long as the money is posted to your account, that's good!

Either way, congrats! It's a terrific feeling.
Kathryn Nichols

Re: sales being shown

Post by Kathryn Nichols »

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am still waiting to hear back from the person who made an offer on the articles. I just wanted to make sure ... all I have to do to accept the offer is click on "accepted," right?

Kathy
mgwhitemti

Post by mgwhitemti »

Yes, that's what you do. Once the person actually purchases the article, it will show as sold.
mgwhitemti

Post by mgwhitemti »

Yes, that's what you do. Once the person actually purchases the article, it will show as sold.