Question about article submission

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Angel S

Post by Angel S »

I have submitted two articles so far. The first one went through without any glitches, I received the email confirmation correctly, and all is well. The second one was submitted during the "time of technical trouble" on the site.

Even though I could not sign in, I could look myself up and see my profile. Both articles were listed in the Featured Articles section the first time I checked. When I checked back a little later to see if I could sign in yet, the second article I submitted was missing. I never received any emails regarding the article. If it was rejected, I would have received an email stating so, correct?

I just wondered if you could tell me what is going on with the second article. The article was about Five Reasons to go Hiking with your Children. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help,
Ed

Post by Ed »

I have no idea what happened to your article, since my memory for specifics fades after about 24 hours. If your article disappeared, then it was probably rejected. Some rejection emails did not go when the site was undergoing technical troubles.

Thanks,
Ed
Angel S

Post by Angel S »

Ok, for future reference. An article can be accepted, get posted on the site, and then get rejected afterwards? That was the part I didn't understand. Why it showed up for a little while and then disappeared.

Thank you for replying. I'm just trying to understand how things work better.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Oh, um . . . no. If it was accepted, it wouldn't have been rejected afterwards. I don't see it in the system, either.

I can only suggest you resubmit. I've encountered a similar problem a couple of times before, but not on a regular basis, so I guess we just have Article Gremlins.

Thanks,
Ed
Angel S

Post by Angel S »

Thank you very much Ed. It may very well be that it was supposed to be rejected, but slipped through with all the problems and showed up for a while, then taken down. I will resubmit and go from there. You have been very helpful.