New Author with questions

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

djconnet

New Author with questions

Post by djconnet »

I am new to this website and anxious to get started, but I have a couple questions. The tutorial said that there is sample pricing on the website, but it didn't specify where and I haven't been able to find it. Can someone help me?

Also, how do we know when another writer has picked up something under "requested content"? There are a couple articles in there I would like to take on but they seem pretty old and I don't know if they have already been assigned to another writer. Thanks.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

DJ-

Welcome to C-C! The suggested pricing can be found when you go to submit your first article. It's in the area where you set the price.

Unfortunately, right now there is no easy way to ascertain which public requests have been filled, and which are still open. You could use the Q&A feature to ask the buyer, but then again many buyers forget to take the request down, and aren't likely to respond to a Q&A.

Another way is to watch the Recently Purchased section. You can start to see when requests are filled by seeing the articles purchased.

However, a well-written article for a general public request is frequently purchased by another buyer. It takes longer, but I've had a piece on something as specific as custom draperies be picked up by a different buyer entirely. Try to write to any of the subjects you are comfortable with, and it will be a good way to start your portfolio here.

Good luck!

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth Ann West
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

Thanks, Elizabeth, for your helping with my questions. I have one more question.

When a buyer posts a request and puts a price such as, say, $50 and they are requesting 10 articles, is that $50 for each article or all 10 articles? Thanks.
telzzz

Post by telzzz »

Hi DJ,

When a request comes in for 10 articles, the requester will usually set a price that will be per article, not for the whole batch.

Terry Roberts
gigahound

Re: New Author with questions

Post by gigahound »

Hi, had a question about the number of articles listed in a public request. I understand that the price is per article, but was wondering; do I have to write all the articles before submitting or is that just the total number of articles the buyer is willing to purchase?
Ed

Re: New Author with questions

Post by Ed »

That's usually the the number of articles the buyer is looking for. Sometimes they'll buy more. If the customer lists subjects, you can certainly pick one to write on and submit that article by itself.

Ed