Usage Rights Being Violated?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kmd

Usage Rights Being Violated?

Post by kmd »

I don't know if my work was stolen or if the terms of use are being violated because I don't know who bought the usage rights.

In any case, the usage rights to one of my articles were purchased twice in the last week or so. I did a google search for the article and found two versions of it. One was the original article, but with no author credits. The other was a slightly re-written version... also with no author credits.

Am I right that usage purchases require author credits?

How can I know if the rights were violated or if the work was simply stolen without knowing who purchased usage rights?

Thanks!
Word Gypsy

Re: Usage Rights Being Violated?

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi! You need to contact support with as much info as you can give them. I believe they will check it out for you.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Usage rights ONLY require author credits if this information was included in the article file.
kmd

Post by kmd »

Thank you both for the informative responses.

Ed... I have a couple follow up questions.

1. Would I write my name at the top of the article within the document itself?

2. How can I know if the rewritten version (or any version, for that matter) of an article is stolen or purchased? It seems impossible to police without the benefit of knowing who purchased it.
Ed

Post by Ed »

You can put it at the top or at the bottom.

If you've got two sales, and your search shows two instances of publication, it's pretty obvious from my perspective that it wasn't stolen, just misused in one situation. If a customer is violating the rights they purchased, you do need to send the details to Support.