How do I edit my profile?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cgardener

How do I edit my profile?

Post by cgardener »

I see how others have added a bio and website links, how do I do that? I go to My Profile on the left sidebar, but there is no "edit" button.
Celeste Stewart

Re: How do I edit my profile?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Try clicking the "Change Image" link - it's funky. It may not even be available to new writers though I think it is. Look for commands inside brackets [like this] - those usually give you options. Many have had problems with updating the profile page. If I recall, to make changes, you have to change the image each time or at least go through the motions. LIke I say, it's funky. Play around with it but if it doesn't quite work as expected, don't be too surprised or frustrated as it's a known issue.
Lizaj

Post by Lizaj »

I was having the same problem. I got out of firefox and into internet explorer, made all the changes and then just hit my "enter" key and it worked. Hope this helps someone!
glencap

Post by glencap »

Hi,

I'm new to CC and I read your question regarding editing your profile. I understand that you had a problem, because there was no edit button. I'm having the same issue. I was curious to know if you were ever able to solve this mystery. I contacted "admin" via email and got no help. If, so please respond if you can. Thanks so much.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

If you click on the "Change Image" link on your profile, a pop-up kind of window comes up that lets you change your profile picture and allows for you to add your bio. I haven't tried it to see if it works, but I'm thinking that's where it is done from.
jak

Post by jak »

I only managed to edit my profile recently. I couldn't do it in Firefox but it worked in IE after I'd changed the screen resolution to make everything appear smaller. I was then able to scroll down to the bottom of the editing box and the submit button.
Lor

Post by Lor »

I can't scroll down at all. Only the background moves, so I'm unable to get rid my pic.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Try using your Tab button. If you need to go back up, use Alt key + Tab.
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thanks Deborah, but that does nothing on my computer. It's not that important, but I hate pictures of myself and the one I used makes me look like a miserable sod. :) Funny, I had no trouble getting it in when I registered.
jayp

Post by jayp »

OMG! I have a real problem. While trying to add a picture from my files, I chose one that I thought was me entitled "Bedraggled" (obviously self esteem issues here.) Turns out it was a penguin that was bedraggeled with the words "f*** it, I'm going home" under the pic. I can't get that off!!! It doesn't show on the profile when I view it but when I go to change the picture for another it still shows. YIKES!! How do I get this off? :(
jayp

Post by jayp »

Whew! It took over an hour and a different computer but I did get the picture changed. Too bad, the penguin really did reflect my thought for the day.