Confusion

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JD

Confusion

Post by JD »

Can I just apologise now for starting off Monday morning (here it is anyway) a bit slow... I submitted an article for a public request and didn't realise that once accepted it's automatically sent to the buyer. Therefore, I 'contacted' the buyer with a link to the article. I then received a standard email from CC about being careful re: contacting buyers outside of CC's arena (which is fair enough, of course). So apologies if my confusion causes a bit more. Reading about all the new changes is one thing, actually remembering them (at my age) is something else...

Happy New Year everyone!

Jane
Ed

Re: Confusion

Post by Ed »

I'm sure it will take some getting used to, but using the new features will soon become second nature.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I just sent a message to a regular customer on one of the requests I had previously completed and also got the standard reply that JD is referring to. The wording of the message makes it seem like the communication was inappropriate.

"Our system has noticed that you have sent contact information through out our email system. Please be cautious when making transactions outside constant content. Constant Content provides a safe and convenient environment for purchasing and selling content."

"sent contact information" - I could understand if there was something in the message to indicate an email address or phone number but these are just your run of the mill communications - nothing outside of the system. Hopefully we won't get this message EVERY time we communicate with customers. Just one more thing to ignore and delete.
JD

Post by JD »

That's right, Celeste, the tone of the standard email made me feel that I had committed a huge violation! I immediately replied to CC asking them for more information. It wasn't until a few moments later that I realised why I had received the email. Admittedly, I didn't initially read the contents of the 'Your Article Has Been Accepted' email I received which told me the article had been sent to the publisher. However, I did want to contact the buyer anyway, as I wanted to let her know that if she liked the article I could do more for the other astrological signs (it was the 'Dating a Scorpio Man' one). But at least I know what to expect now.

Jane