Sorry Ed

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

sabrianc63

Sorry Ed

Post by sabrianc63 »

Hi Ed I am new here and submitted first 2 articles they were of course rejected , now when i look at them i see a whole bunch of mistakes yikes Sorry about that , I Guess I have 2 strikes down and one to go , I love the thought of being able to put my work up for consignment, I think the articles need to sit a day then i will proof read again before submitting. I love to write and sometimes by brain is going one hundred miles an hour while my hands type at a slower pace. Lol
Out of 19 photos 4 were excepted hooray thank you.
I do have a really good question? How does constant content make money? Let's say for instance if someone purchases an article or photograph of mine does constant content receive a cut of the money a percentage? I have looked through out the site , But have found nothing.

Shirley
HayleyWriter

Re: Sorry Ed

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Shirley,

CC takes 35% of the purchase price - to pay for services, such as hosting the website, protecting authors from content theives, Ed's fantastic services in reviewing articles to ensure quality articles are offered to our customers, and for marketing the site to customers, so we all can make money. You receive the 65%. Factor CC's cut into your pricing strategy. It is a fair deal - I would not have time to market my articles to customers, but CC does it all for me. I just have to concentrate on writing quality articles and CC draws in the customers to buy my articles.

Can I suggest that you check out the blog under writing tips, and read the forum threads under Author Exchange, especially the threads started by Ed, who often gives us links to websites about improving our writing. Check out those links in the blog and the forums and spend a little bit of time now perfecting your craft of writing, before you resubmit. Take your time and proofread your articles properly. CC is a wonderful website and authors can make money here, but the quality standards can be difficult to master at first. We all get rejections sometimes, but authors do need to fix mistakes and show improvement before resubmitting. If you need help beyond what is offered in these forums, feel free to send me an email through the CC system.

Kind regards,

Hayley
Penname: HayleyWriter
sabrianc63

Re: Sorry Ed

Post by sabrianc63 »

Thank you Haley Will do I am just worried about the 3 strikes your thing i see all over the forum, Thank you for letting me the cut cc takes that fine with me have no problem they need to make something was just curious as to how much.
Well I will try one more article and proof read till my brain hurts. Before submitting again and keep my fingers crossed :)
Thanks A bunch
Shirley