Public Requests Versus Reviews

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Shamontiel

Public Requests Versus Reviews

Post by Shamontiel »

I am new to this site, and I cannot find this in the FAQ (or maybe I'm overlooking it). I understand the process of waiting for an accept/reject review of an article, but in the meantime, if I see a public request for an article I'd like to write (or have written), and it's not under review, can I submit it anyway? Does that mean I risk the customer stealing it? I ask because when I try to submit an existing article, the linked page comes up blank and doesn't show the articles I've submitted (whether they have been reviewed or not). So the only other option is to send it as a message, but if I do that, then I probably have to submit it in full. If writers do have the option of submitting the article in full or in part, then how does the money end work? Is a request sent from the customer or does it have to go through that review process before submitting anything?
BarryDavidson

Re: Public Requests Versus Reviews

Post by BarryDavidson »

If the request is still active, you should be able to submit the link to the article that's already been accepted. If it's not, then contact support.
Shamontiel

Post by Shamontiel »

Thank you. When I try to "Submit Existing Article for Request," the new page comes up with no articles to select. It just says:
Select the Article to be Submitted

Please click on the article you wish to submit:

(and it's blank underneath).

But that was my question: the article has been neither accepted or rejected, so is that why it's not showing up?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If the article has neither been accepted or rejected then that's why it isn't showing up to attach -- because it hasn't been accepted yet! Once accepted, it will be available to show to potential customers. Until then, it's not accepted therefore CC customers cannot buy it. CC hasn't yet reviewed the article to ensure that it meets the guidelines.

No, do not submit any text in the form of a message to the customer - especially if the article has not yet been accepted on the CC site. NOt so much because of fear of theft but because it would likely annoy the customer and could cause problems should the article fail to get approved. Customers understand that it takes a few days for articles to be written and approved, so there's no reason to take shortcuts. Wait for your article to be approved (when it is approved it will be sent to the requester automatically if you mark it for that request when you submit it). The money end works when the customer likes your article and buys it. When this happens your account is credited with your percentage of the sale and then you are paid around the first of the month.

If you did have an existing article and the linking mechanism wasn't working, you could simply copy and paste the URL to the existing CC article in a message. The customer could then visit the URL to view your short and long summary and make his decision from there. But that's not the case. Just hang tight, the article will eventually be reviewed.
Shamontiel

Post by Shamontiel »

Thanks Celeste. That's why I asked---to clarify my query! I wasn't trying to rush the process. I just wanted to make sure I had an understanding of how it works. I joined a few days ago and couldn't find my answer elsewhere. Will do.