review

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kikib

review

Post by kikib »

I have submitted an article 5 days ago and it's still in review, how long does it generally take? I have had an article be accepted a day after submitting it once.
Antonia

Re: review

Post by Antonia »

There's no set time. It depends on the number of other submissions and the number of public requests (submissions for those are prioritized). Since authors never know how many other articles are being submitted at the same time, the best bet is just to be patient...work on writing some more articles while you're waiting for acceptance. Try not to obsessively check the website too often (we were just joking about this in another thread)...:)
EMJames

Re: review

Post by EMJames »

When submitting for requests, I have found that articles can be accepted in as little time as 30 minutes. It certainly depends on the number of public and private requests in the hopper. I have waited up to a week for articles that weren't submitted for requests. It is hard to be patient, but it pays off in the long run. I suppose if Ed had more than two eyes, he could review article more quickly. I have often wished that Ed had more than two eyes. However, if he did, he probably wouldn't be working for CC, but instead on some science reality show about exceptional people and the joys and challenges they face in their multiple-eyed lives. (Ridiculous tangents have become a coping strategy for my personal waiting process, in addition to the obsessive site-checking of which Antonia spoke.)

Impatiently Yours,
EM James