Suspension Policy

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

chessgolf

Suspension Policy

Post by chessgolf »

This point on the registration agreement ...

"if three articles are declined, Constant Content will accept no more submissions of my work"

Does this apply only to new writers? I would imagine established writers will have had more than 3 articles rejected at some point.

Could the policy also mean that new quality writers could have their account removed permanently for some technical mistake in submitting their first articles.

I have 3 articles awaiting review at the moment. I consider them as good enough from the standpoint of quality having spent time reviewing articles already accepted by CC. Like many others perhaps, I submitted all three around the same time rather than submit one and wait for acceptance or rejection. So if I made a technical error with one article, I may have done the same with all three. So in may case, it could be 'one strike and I'm out'.

So in reality, regardless of the quality of writing, I could be excluded for technical mistakes in submitting the articles?

Prehaps it would have been better to submit one article only and if declined, use the feedback to avoid a repeat.

Oh well. I'll just have to hope there are no technical glitches in my submissions.

JC
Ed

Re: Suspension Policy

Post by Ed »

While accounts are not usually suspended for formatting errors or for not following some aspect of the guidelines the first time around, authors are expected to thoroughly review the guidelines and take them to heart. Repeated rejections and failure to improve are grounds for account suspension, no matter if you are a new author or one who has been here awhile.

Thank you,
Ed
chessgolf

Re: Suspension Policy

Post by chessgolf »

Thanks Ed

That sounds fair enough.
I think it takes a little bit of time to become familiar with anything that's new.
Silly mistakes will be more likely at the beginning.

JC